Photo: Cheese plate with a collection of Vermont Creamery’s award-winning goat cheeses.
It is exciting to see that Vermont cheeses routinely get worldwide recognition for their quality!
In November 2016, the event was the World Cheese Awards 2016, not to be confused with the World Championship Cheese Contest 2016, which took place in March in Madison, Wisconsin! See the Vermont winners of the March contest in this blog post.
Here is the complete list of Vermont cheeses (in alphabetical order) that won awards at the November contest, which took place in San Sebastian, in Spain. It is important to note that, unlike the American Cheese Society Competion, we believe that most Vermont cheesemakers don’t participate to this World Cheese Awards competition.
- Bayley Hazen Blue, Cellars at Jasper Hill
- Bear Hill, Grafton Village Cheese
- Bijou, Vermont Creamery
- Bonne Bouche, Vermont Creamery
- Coupole, Vermont Creamery
- Cremont, Vermont Creamery
- Crumbled Goat Cheese – Cranberry and Tarragon, Vermont Creamery
- Feta, Vermont Creamery
- Fresh Crottin, Vermont Creamery
- Harbison, Cellars at Jasper Hill
- Landaff, Cellars at Jasper Hill
- Moses Sleeper, Cellars at Jasper Hill
- Quark, Cellars at Jasper Hill
- Shepsog, Grafton Village Cheese
- St. Albans, Vermont Creamery
- Tarentaise, Farms for City Kids Foundation / Spring Brook Farm
- Willoughby, Cellars at Jasper Hill